The filling line is an important part of any packaging industry. It is especially important when it comes to packaging liquids. The type of packaging is different and depends on type of beverage. A beverage can either be sparkling or still; it can also be for detergents, oils, or liquors. The type of package also varies and can be a PET or glass bottle, can, tetra pack, etc. A filling line consists of several phases & machines and each machine has a special purpose. There are different types of filling machines depending on the application. For example, it can be a powder filling line, bottle filing line, etc.
Some of the important machines on any filling line like the lotion filing line, disc cleaner filing line, and jar filing line include:
- Filling machines
- Capping machines
- Labelling machines
The most popular filling line machine is for the use of liquids. These include injectable vial filing line, tube filling line, jar filing line, shampoo filling line, amongst others.
Features of filling line machines to Look in:
- Overflow: This is an Important parameter of very popular bottle filling machine since it handles a wide range of liquids. It offers features like ease of cleaning, setup and expandable output. It is essential for free flowing liquids which have very small or no particulates. This machine has several applications and is used to fill fresh juice hence can also be referred to as the bottle filing line.
Time gravity: This factor is used in filling machine for water thin liquids. It is meant for liquids whose atmospheric or temperature changes. This is usually as a chemical environment. This uses low cost and effective technology and very low flexibility.
Net weight: As the name suggests this features consists of a scale. In filling line machine, it is useful for all the bulk products sold in totes and pails. There are also products of precise weights and smaller volume products that have a very high value. This machine has a high capital cost with lower output.
- Peristaltic: This featured filling line machine is popular for low volume, accurate filling, use of ultra clean or high-value liquids. For example, it is useful for reagents, essential oils, pharma-preparations, and several other products. It is very useful where cross-contamination is not permitted. The cleaning process is very fast and efficient since the fluid path is disposable.
- Piston: It is primarily used for thick and viscous liquids. These can be particulates products as well with minimal changeovers. For example, it can be soaps, cosmetics or heavy food sauces. It is very useful for liquids that require high-pressure filing, volumetric filling of expensive products, products that require high accuracy.
- Servo Pump: This servo base vial filling machine is designed to fill any kind of liquid or semi-liquid product. There is no restriction in the amount of volume it can fill, it possesses state of the art digital controls, hi-tech filling technology, has fast changeover and very fast cleanup time. The capital cost is higher.
- Mono-block fill plug cap: This has a comparatively smaller footprint and is specially designed to handle small and unstable containers. It is useful for containers that are harder to fill. It is useful for a comparatively smaller range of products.
- Brine: It is useful for several food products especially to fill brine and vinegar solution. It is useful for many types of containers with varying solid content. It is prepared with anti-corrosive characteristics and special nozzles as per the specific application.
- Pail: It is useful for bulk filling of up to 5-gallon pails (by volume). This is a very economic method of filling pails along with bulk chemical and several other low liquid products.
- Drum: This is very useful for bulk filling of a 55-gallon drum, tote filling, liquid filling. It is possible to configure to fill either by weight or volume or both.
Thus, there are many different types of filling machines useful for many different types of industries. Some of the industries that it is used in include the food, chemical, pharma & boomed, cosmetic, paint, contract packages, automotive & petroleum and many more.